Who We Are
Founded in 2007, we are a family owned and operated business that focuses on customer service, client satisfaction and is built on a foundation of producing the highest quality product. In 2017 our name changed to Calanah Builders Ltd. to better reflect our growing presence in the commercial and light industrial construction sectors.
We were founded in 2007 by Grant (father) and Mark (son) but our history goes back much further. Grant started his first construction company in 1983. That company lives on today as a commercial development and management firm.
In 2007 a new business was created to bring Mark in as a partner and in 2017 was re-branded as Calanah Builders Ltd.
Throughout our history a commitment to quality work and client relationships has fueled our growth and positioned us as a preferred choice in the Alberta construction sector.
- 2017 – The business name is changed to Calanah Builders Ltd.
- 2009 – The family business moves to its new headquarters in Ponoka, Alberta
- 2007 – Grant and Mark partner to form a new business focused on new construction projects and developments in central Alberta
- 2004 – Mark graduates from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology obtaining a diploma in Construction Engineering Technology, with honours, and joins the family business
- 1983 – Grant adds to the Alberta entrepreneurial spirit and incorporates his construction company